Tuesday 19 February 2013

`It's the stupidest tea-party I ever was[n't] at in all my life!'

UPDATE: the journey home was a little more lucrative than the journey to work!  A two-minute delay on the Bakerloo Line from Edgware Road to Waterloo caused me to miss my connecting train to Hersham, which was four minutes late within TfL's network.  Altogether, this made me 34 minutes later home than I should have been.  £85.


The train from Norbiton to Waterloo was five minutes late arriving in Waterloo. This caused me to get a later connecting tube to Edgware Road than I otherwise would have.  Which was two minutes late.  Overall, however, this made me just five minutes later to work than I should have been.  £12.50.

More tea, vicar?
(Image credit: The Park Lane Hotel)
To compensate for this rather bring update, here is one of those bizarre little nuggets of news: the Park Lane Hotel is offering TfL-themed afternoon tea.  The mind boggles. 

But, if you're currently (or soon planning to be) a tourist in London, you could do worse than the quintessentially English (and long defunct) tradition of afternoon tea.  Try it out - and let Signal Failure know how it was!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cakes didn't turn up due to a passenger delay...