Thursday 7 March 2013

TfL doesn't care what you think

A minute's delay last night on the tube from Edgware Road to Waterloo left me pegging it for the connecting train to Norbiton to avoid leaving my daughter forlorn at the child minder's, but I managed it, super sportsman that I am.  The train arrived in Norbiton two minutes late to net Signal Failure another fiver.

This morning's train from Hersham to Waterloo, by contrast, ran on time, but the connecting tube to Edgware Road was a minute late again.  £2.50. 

So that's three minutes and £7.50 in total since yesterday morning.

Elsewhere in the wacky world of TfL, the organisation we love to hate is inviting suggestions for how to improve its service.  But not from you, since customers couldn't possibly have anything useful to say on the matter.

I reported a couple of days ago how TfL was being urged to stop people travelling, and scoffed at the idea of selling them on that idea.  Seems I scoffed to soon, since Boris has confirmed a part time travel card will be considered.  Of course, the key word there is 'consider', which means precisely fuck-all.  It's a nice way of pretending to look at a suggestion before rejecting it.  Still, I've been wrong before (I think once when I was seven years old), so I'll suspend judgement for the moment.

No comments: