Thursday 9 May 2013

Cramped conditions no longer!

A few more trips taken yesterday than normal...

Lobster!
(Image credit: stellaswardrobe.com)
Had a team dinner last night, so travelled from Edgware Road to Oxford Circus to visit Burger and Lobster in Soho (I had grilled lobster with garlic butter, thanks for asking).  The tube was on time.  So was the tube taking me from Leicester Square to Waterloo for the train home later that evening.  And so was the train home from Waterloo.  Three in a row!

This morning, the train got to Waterloo two minutes early, despite leaving Hersham two minutes late.  The tube to Edgware Road was two minutes late, which rather spoiled that perfect run of competence, even if it did mean I ended up at my final destination a minute earlier than I would have had everything been running on time.  Still, fair's fair, and I owe TfL £2.50, which has now been removed from the organisation's running tab with me.

And there's more welcome news this morning (actually, yesterday, but I was in a rush then): London Overground will receive a 25% capacity boost as TfL invests in new train carriages from Bombardier Trains.  You'll have to wait until the end of next year to feel the benefits, though.

No comments: